Sunday, April 18, 2010

How not to be an expert

Just about everybody writes about what they know, what they are good at, what they are successful at. I have turned it over and over in my mind. I finally came to the conclusion that I don't think I'm an expert at anything. What do I know more about than most people know? What would others want to read about that I can teach them? What do I want to learn? Who cares?

Then it hit me. I'm an expert at how not to do many things. I know how not to bake bread, complete a project, study for an exam, be a good parent, start a project, arrange furniture, sell a used car, sail a boat. I think I was better than average at my profession as a special education teacher, but not an expert; and let me tell you; I know how not to teach children with disabilities, challenges, or as I'd rather say, "missed abilities".

I hear ya! "Get on with it lady! Give me a reason to read on. Just what are you trying to say?"

Ok, ok, ok. I hear ya! Keeping them short and sweet, next post, "How not to sell your car!"


No comments:

Post a Comment